Alex received his B.A. (Hons.) in psychology from Queen’s University in 2013, graduating with distinction. He earned his J.D. from the University of Toronto, Faculty of Law in 2017 and was called to the bar in Ontario in 2018.
Before joining ZTGH, Alex worked at a well-respected commercial litigation firm, where he represented clients before the Landlord and Tenant Board, the Small Claims Court, the Court of Justice, the Superior Court of Justice, and the Court of Appeal.
Alex joined ZTGH in 2019. He specializes in accident benefits claims and is constantly expanding his practice.
Alex takes great pride in his meticulous approach and passion for effective advocacy. Having now spent more than 10 years in a wheelchair, Alex’s advocacy experience dates back to well before his legal education.
During law school, Alex volunteered as a caseworker in the Faculty’s flagship legal clinic, Downtown Legal Services, where he represented low-income clients facing criminal charges. He also worked as a research assistant for the associate dean, during which time he helped professors integrate Aboriginal legal content into their courses and independent research projects.
While in undergrad, on three occasions Alex earned a place on the Dean’s Honour List with Distinction, indicating standing in the top 3% of his class throughout the year.
When not in the office, Alex loves exploring the great outdoors and watching the Leafs.
- Elkins v. Van Wissen, 2022 ONSC 2060 Apr 13, 2022
- Shih v. Economical Insurance, 2022 ONLAT 20-005669. Mar 03, 2022
- Philip v. Aviva Gen Ins. Co., 2022 ONLAT 19-014438 Jan 25, 2022
- Thind v. Certas Home and Auto Insurance Co. 2021, ONLAT 20-000488. Oct 29, 2021
- Fahritdinov v. Aviva General Insurance, 2021 ONLAT 19-009897 Oct 05, 2021
- Order under Section 69 Residential Tenancies Act 2006 Sep 01, 2021
- Ahmed vs Aviva General Insurance Company 2021, ONLAT 20-000044/AABS Jul 07, 2021
- 20-001519 v. Aviva General Insurance Co. Apr 26, 2021
- 20-000483 v. Aviva General Insurance Apr 26, 2021