Statement of Organizational Commitment
Zarek Taylor Grossman Hanrahan LLP (ZTGH) is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity.
We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Accessible Emergency Information
ZTGH is committed to providing the customers and clients with publicly available emergency information in an accessible way upon request. We will also provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information when necessary.
ZTGH will give people with disabilities the same opportunity to access our products and services and allow them to benefit from the same products and services, in the same place and in a similar way as other clients.
Policy Development & Availability
ZTGH will maintain its accessibility policies in a written format. They will be available to the public and will be provided in an accessible format if it is requested.
Multi-Year Accessibility Plan
ZTGH will maintain its multi-year accessibility plan. The plan will be reviewed and updated at least once every five years. It will show our organization’s commitment to removing barriers and preventing new ones. We will make it available to the public and provide it in an accessible format when requested.
Information and Communications
When providing information to, or communicating with, a person with a disability, we will provide, on request, the information and communication in an accessible format or with a communication
support. We will work in consultation with the person with the disability to provide them with the information in a manner that takes into account the person’s disability.
ZTGH will ensure that existing feedback processes are accessible to people with disabilities upon request.
We are committed to working towards an accessible website and website content that will comply with the World Wide Web Consortium Web Content Accessibility Guidelines initially at Level A and moving towards Level AA standards.
ZTGH is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Our employment practices will include notification of the availability of accommodation for applicants with disabilities, as well as supports for staff with disabilities. Where employee needs dictate, we will provide individualized workplace emergency response information to employees who have a disability. Our performance management and career development processes will take into account the accessibility needs of its employees with disabilities.
Documented Individual Accommodation Plans
By no later than January 1, 2016, our process for the development of documented individual accommodation plans will include:
- How we include the employee in the development of the plan
- How we consider the employee on an individual basis
- How we would proceed in getting a medical or other expert’s opinion on the accommodation of the employee and at our own expense
- How other representatives or agents may or may not be involved
- How the employee’s personal information will be protected
- How often the plan will be reviewed and how it will be done
- How the plan will be provided in a format that respects the individual’s needs due to a disability
Return to Work Process
By no later than January 1, 2016, our process for the development of a return to work process for employees with disabilities who have been absent due to their disability and require accommodations to return to work will:
- Outline the steps we will take to facilitate the employee’s return to work
- Use their individual accommodation plan -where it exists- as part of the process
- ZTGH will provide training to:
- Persons involved in developing policies for our organization
- All others who provide goods, services or facilities on behalf of our organization
Training will be provided to staff during their orientation process. Training will cover:
- Accessibility requirements from the Integrated Accessibility Regulation and Accessible Customer Service Standard
- How the Human Rights Code pertains to persons with disabilities
- Changes that are made to the accessibility policies
Design of Public Spaces
We will incorporate accessibility requirements under the IASR when building or redeveloping a public space identified under Accessibility Standard for the Design of Public Spaces.