Jennifer obtained her B.A. from the University of Toronto in 1992 and her LL.B. from Osgoode Hall Law School in 1995. She was called to the bar in 1997 and joined the firm in 1999.
Jennifer practices predominantly in the area of first party accident benefits with an emphasis on catastrophic claims. She also assists insurers with priority disputes, loss transfer claims and cases involving interface between the auto insurance scheme (both tort and accident benefits) and the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act.
Jennifer has successfully represented clients before the Financial Services Commission of Ontario, the Workplace Safety and Insurance Appeals Tribunal and the Ontario Superior Court of Justice. She co-chairs the firm’s practice groups in Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB), catastrophic claims issues, and examinations under oath.
Jennifer’s personal interests include her four children and a growing fascination with long distance running.
- Echelon Insurance Co. v. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co. / Preliminary Issue (Private Arbitration) Mar 05, 2015
- Allstate Insurance Company of Canada and T.S., Appeal P11-00032 Sep 25, 2014
- Unifund Insurance Co. v. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co. (Private Arbitration) Jan 07, 2013
- 2010 ONWSIAT 1042 May 03, 2010
- WSIAT Decision No. 1785/04 (Dhuga v. Mackie Moving) Nov 22, 2007
- Tran v. Pafco Insurance Co. Ltd. / Expenses, FSCO A97-002186 Oct 02, 2001
- Tran v. Pafco Insurance Co. Jun 15, 2000
- B.M. v. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co. / Expenses Jan 18, 2000
- Top Ten Accident Benefits Cases 2008-2009 Jan 01, 2010
- Personal Injury Settlements: Resolution Oriented Case Management, Mediation and Arbitration Feb 23, 2009
- Types of Motions Sep 03, 2008
- The Impact of Monks v. ING Sep 01, 2008
- Accident Benefits: Lessons From The Past With The Hope For A Better Insurance Product In The Future Mar 03, 2008
- When an Accident is Really an Accident, an Update on the "Use and Operation" of an Automobile Oct 18, 2007
- "Fair, Large and Liberal", Where CAT Is At Oct 01, 2007
- The Role of Medical Evidence in Determining Whether a Brain Injuryis "Catastrophic" Oct 01, 2005