Evan graduated from the University of Toronto with a B.Sc. (Hons.) Specialist in Financial Economics in 2015. He received his J.D. from Osgoode Hall Law in 2018 and was called to the Bar in 2019. He has been with ZTGH his entire career, including two summers and articling.
Evan's practice encompasses all areas of automobile insurance defence litigation including tort, accident benefits, property, and subrogation. He also has experience with real estate litigation, product liability, coverage opinions, solicitor negligence, priority, loss transfer, and has worked with clients on fraud projects fighting suspect claims and clinics.
While Evan works hard to achieve early settlement, he thoroughly enjoys appearing in court. He has successfully argued multiple contested motions at the Superior Court of Justice, one of which resulted in a reported decision. He has also successfully appeared at Small Claims Court where he examined his client in open court.
He has assisted with Jury Trials at the Superior Court of Justice and Arbitration Hearings at the Financial Services Commission of Ontario. He aspires to run his own trials and hearings.
When away from his litigation practice, Evan enjoys golf, playing drums and would call himself an avid outdoorsman and handyman.
- Mahendran v. Aviva General Insurance, 2021 ONLAT 20-001529 - Sep 17, 2021
- Gobithan v. Allstate Insurance Company of Canada, 2021 ONLAT 19-010279 Aug 16, 2021
- 19-011513 v. Allstate Insurance Co. Apr 30, 2021
- 19-010919 v. Aviva Insurance Co. Mar 24, 2021
- 20-003442 v. Aviva Insurance Co. of Canada Mar 03, 2021
- 19-011925 v. Aviva General Insurance Dec 01, 2020
- Courneyea v. Mazzuca, 2019 ONSC 2105 Apr 02, 2019