Brian joined Zarek Taylor Grossman Hanrahan LLP in 2009 and was admitted into the partnership in 2015.
He is a co-chair of the Special Investigations practice group.
Brian graduated with distinction from the University of Toronto in 2002 with an Honours Bachelor of Science in Human Biology. He completed his law degree at the University of Western Ontario in 2005 and was called to the Bar in 2006.
Brian's primary practice encompasses all areas of automobile insurance defence litigation including tort, accident benefits, priority disputes between insurers and coverage opinions. He also has had some experience with medical malpractice claims and pharmaceutical class actions.
He has conducted jury trials to verdict and appeared at the Superior Court of Justice, Divisional Court, the Financial Services Commission of Ontario and the Licence Appeal Tribunal.
Brian also defends insurers on property and casualty claims under commercial general liability policies.
Brian is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, The Advocates’ Society, Canadian Defence Lawyers, the Canadian Bar Association, and the Ontario Bar Association.
Outside of the practice of law, Brian enjoys following his favourite Toronto sports teams, board games and trying new restaurants.
- 18-003066. v. Certas Home and Auto Insurance Co. May 19, 2020
- 18-009813 v. Certas Home and Auto Insurance Co. May 19, 2020
- 17-002213 v Aviva Insurance Canada Feb 26, 2018
- Nwokomah v. Galle, 2017 ONSC 6880 Nov 22, 2017
- Kazimierczuk v. Pembridge Insurance Co. Oct 16, 2017
- Osman v. Ghanizada, 2014 ONSC 4199 / Costs Endorsement Jul 17, 2014