Andrew completed his M.A. in English at the University of Guelph in 2004. He then obtained a Master of Library and Information Science degree at the University of Western Ontario in 2006. He went on to earn his LL.B. at the University of Windsor and was called to the bar in 2010.
Andrew has a diverse practice that focuses largely on the defence of first party auto and tort claims. He also acts for select plaintiffs involved in serious car accidents.
In addition, Andrew’s practice includes employment law and general civil litigation.
Andrew has worked with several clients on fraud projects fighting suspect claims and clinics. He was recently successful at the Financial Services Commission of Ontario in defending three claims on the basis that a car accident did not happen in the way the claimants asserted.
Andrew is regularly retained to conduct examinations under oath. He specializes in suspicious claims, priority and loss transfer and Workplace Safety and Insurance Board claims. Andrew is also co-chair of the EUO practice group.
- Azad v. Nordic Appeal decision Sep 15, 2015
- Azad et al. v Nordic Insurance Co. of Canada, FSCO P15-00015, P16-00016, & P17-00017 / Appeal Sep 15, 2015
- Azad v. Nordic Arbitration Decision on Expenses Aug 05, 2015
- Azad et al v. Nordic Insurance Co. of Canada / Expenses, FSCO A12-003253, A12-003336 & A12-003469 Aug 05, 2015
- Vitalis v. Intact Insurance Co., FSCO A12-001238 Apr 29, 2015
- Azad v. Nordic Arbitration Decision Jan 19, 2015
- Abbany v. Pafco Insurance Co. / Variation/Revocation, FSCO P12-00039V Sep 06, 2013
- Abbany vs. Pafco Insurance Co. / Preliminary Issue, FSCO A10-003864 Oct 18, 2012