Jonathan has worked as a litigator since his call to the bar in 2000. He focuses his practice exclusively on advocacy, trials and arbitration matters. Jonathan became partner of a highly regarded civil litigation firm in 2008 and was managing partner of that firm between 2008 - 2013. ZTGH was proud to welcome him to the firm as Of Counsel in 2017.
Jonathan has a special interest in jury trials and Estate Litigation matters and he is co-chair of the Estate Litigation practice group. Jonathan also works with insurance companies on complex and catastrophic claims and acts on behalf of insurance companies in disputes with other insurers. He has extensive experience in extinguishing fraudulent and questionable claims.
Jonathan has taken more than 70 trials and arbitrations to verdict or final decision. Outside of the courtroom, he provides pragmatic, sound, and straightforward advice. He also regularly appears at industry gatherings to deliver papers and speeches, and has been a featured speaker at conferences hosted by the Ontario Bar Association and Canadian Defence Lawyers.
Jonathan handles select estate and guardianship matters pro bono in aid of orphaned children and their surviving family members. He also provides pro bono civil law assistance through Pro Bono Law Ontario, a registered charity with a mandate to improve access to justice for low-income Ontarians.
When away from his litigation practice, he enjoys spending time with his wife and two sons. He also enjoys tennis, playing piano, and poker.
- 18-008349. v. Certas Direct Home and Auto Insurance Co. Jan 20, 2021
- 19-003924 v. Certas Home and Auto Insurance Co. Jul 17, 2020
- S.Y. v. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co. (A08-001142 and A13-013392) Jun 29, 2020
- 19-001049 v. The Personal Insurance Co. May 28, 2020
- A.A. v. Royal SunAlliance Insurance Co. (A12-003310 FSCO) Feb 10, 2020
- 18-006374 & 18-005514 v. Certas Home and Auto Insurance Co. Dec 18, 2019
- 18-008561 v. Certas Direct Insurance Co. Dec 09, 2019