Matthew obtained his B.A. (Hons.) in political science from the University of Guelph and his J.D. from the University of Toronto. He was called to the bar in 2012.
Matthew articled at a well-respected boutique personal injury firm in downtown Toronto, where he gained valuable experience in accident benefits claims and tort litigation from a plaintiff perspective.
Matthew joined our firm following his call to the bar. His practice in insurance defence litigation continues to be focused on tort and accident benefits claims.
Matthew has represented clients before the Financial Services Commission of Ontario, the Ontario Court of Justice and the Ontario Superior Court of Justice. Matthew is co-chair of the Shared Economy practice group and a member of the Property, Appellate, and Product Liability practice groups.
During law school, Matthew was involved in Law Help Ontario, a volunteer legal clinic that helps low-income, unrepresented civil litigants navigate the litigation process. Matthew was also involved in Downtown Legal Services, the University of Toronto’s legal clinic, where he represented students accused of academic offences before the University Tribunal.
- Munro v. Belair Direct, 2021 ONLAT 19-013690 May 28, 2021
- Herbert Rose v. Economical Insurance Co., 2021 ONLAT 20-005673 Apr 30, 2021
- 19-014198 v. Aviva General Insurance Feb 01, 2021
- 19-012033- v. Aviva Insurance Co. Dec 08, 2020
- 18-012150 v. Aviva Canada Aug 14, 2020
- 18-005492 v. Aviva Insurance Canada Mar 25, 2019
- 16-004349 v. G.P. May 25, 2018