Tanya studied political science at York University and received her LL.B. from Osgoode Hall Law School in 2005. She was called to the bar in 2006 after articling at the Workplace Safety and Insurance Appeals Tribunal (WSIAT), where she continued to practice as Tribunal Counsel before joining the firm in 2008.
Tanya practices insurance defence litigation with a focus on automobile insurance – accident benefits, priority disputes, loss transfer, human rights law and tort. She has appeared on behalf of clients at the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, Small Claims Court, the Financial Services Commission of Ontario, and the WSIAT.
Tanya’s experience at the WSIAT has led her to develop a very specialized practice at the firm involving analysis and litigation of claims and actions for the purpose of pursuing a Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) defence. She has been recognized by clients and peers as an expert in the field of accident benefits and tort where a WSIB defence is available.
- WSIAT Decision No. 3338/16 Dec 23, 2016
- WSIAT decision 771/161 - Jurisdiction of WSIAT over right to sue of Federal Workers Sep 06, 2016
- WSIAT Decision No. 2071/12 (Funk's Livestock Transport Inc. v. Hodges) May 22, 2015
- Kingsway General Insurance Co. v. Intact Insurance, 2011 ONSC 5024 Aug 24, 2011
- WSIAT Decision No. 1253/09R Jun 21, 2011
- WSIAT Decision No. 565/09R (Insurance Corporation of British Columbia and ING Insurance Co. of Canada v. Kregar) Mar 09, 2010
- WSIAT Decision No. 565/09 Dec 08, 2009
- WSIAT Decision No. 2925/07 (Jhagra v. Sherwood) Dec 18, 2008
- WSIAT Decision No. 2925/07 Dec 16, 2008
- WSIAT Decision No. 1476/05I2 Jul 12, 2006
- WSIAT Decision No. 1449/04 Jun 20, 2006
- WSIAT Decision No. 2453/05 Jan 17, 2006
- WSIAT Decision No. 1862/05 Nov 08, 2005