Prior to completing her LL.B. at Osgoode Hall Law School in 2004, Sharla obtained her B.A. (Hons.) in political science and mass communications from York University in 2000. She was called to the Ontario bar in 2005.
Sharla exclusively practices accident benefits litigation, drawing from her extensive experience conducting mediations, arbitrations, motions and appeals on matters such as catastrophic impairment claims.
She has vast experience with tort, accident benefits, loss transfer and priority disputes, having appeared before the Financial Services Commission of Ontario and various tribunals as well as the Ontario Superior Court of Justice and the Ontario Court of Justice.
Sharla practiced plaintiff personal injury law for seven years prior to switching to insurance defense litigation.
- 18-001957 v. Unifund Assurance Co. Apr 18, 2019
- 18-001957 v. Unifund Assurance Co. Apr 16, 2019
- 18-000513 v Certas Home and Auto Insurance Company Oct 02, 2018
- 17-003510 v. Aviva Insurance Canada Jan 15, 2018
- S.L.L v. Certas Home and Auto Insurance Co. (16-000213/AABS) May 29, 2017
- S.S. v. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co. Aug 30, 2016
- Id v. Unifund Insurance Co FSCO A12-005163 Mar 02, 2016
- Unifund Assurance Company v. Beattie / Appeal, FSCO P14-00040 Oct 05, 2015
- Unifund Assurance Co. v. Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Co. / Preliminary Issue (Private Arbitration) Apr 08, 2015
- Id v. Unifund Assurance Co. / Appeal, FSCO P14-00014 Dec 23, 2014
- Beattie v. Unifund Assurance Co. / Preliminary Issue, FSCO A13-005289 Sep 30, 2014
- Id v. Unifund Assurance Co. / Preliminary Issue, FSCO A12-005163 Mar 24, 2014