Shanti received her Bachelors of Arts in political science at York University and completed law school at Osgoode Hall. After articling at Lawson McGrenere, she was called to the bar in 1998.
Shanti has appeared before the Social Assistance Review Board, the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada, the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario, Ontario Provincial Court, the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, the Ontario Divisional Court, the Ontario Court of Appeal and the Federal Court of Canada.
Over the last six years, she has focused on building an insurance defence practice, primarily in property and product liability loss including subrogation work. She has extensive experience with professional negligence and enjoys BI tort work.
Shanti has enjoyed working on class actions. She has worked extensively on files involving condomimium construction. She has represented insurance companies to pursue civil remedies in fraud. Shanti has also defended drivers, homeowners and sports organizations in personal injury cases. Last but not least, Shanti has defended numerous chartered accountants in professional negligence suits.
While Shanti promotes early settlement, she thoroughly enjoys being in court.
When she is not working, she spends time between her family and her yoga mat.
- Lucy Boyadjian v. Regional Muncipality of Durham, The Corporation of the Town of Ajax, Matthew Lapensee and Heather Lapensee Nov 01, 2016
- Arunasalam v. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co., 2015 ONSC 5977 Sep 28, 2015
- Arunasalam v. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co., 2015 ONSC 5235 Aug 20, 2015
- Asrat v. 1438305 Ontario Inc., 2015 ONSC 4208 Jul 02, 2015
- Miaskowski v. Persaud, 2015 ONSC 1654 Mar 12, 2015
- Greco v. Coseco Insurance Co., 2015 ONSC 1508 / Summary Judgment Motion Mar 09, 2015
- Mohammed v. Goodship, 2013 ONSC 4942 Jul 25, 2013
- Limited Liability Company v. Canada, 2010 FCA 159 Jun 11, 2010
- Speevak v. Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, 2010 ONSC 1128 Feb 18, 2010
- W One Holdings Corp. v. Verge, 2009 CanLII 63375 Oct 22, 2009
- Kelton and Ferracuti Consultants Limited (Re), 2008 ONCA 886 Dec 22, 2008
- Pascoe v. Ball Hockey Ontario Inc., 2005 CanLII 3375 (ON SC) Feb 11, 2005