Robert earned his B.A. with great distinction from McGill University in 1981 and his LL.B. from Osgoode Hall Law School in 1984. He was called to the Ontario bar in 1986.
As trial counsel, Robert prepares and argues cases before the Ontario Superior Court of Justice. Robert also appears before specialized tribunals such as the Financial Services Commission of Ontario and the Workplace Safety and Insurance Appeals Tribunal, as well as at private arbitrations involving insurance-related disputes between insurers.
He practices exclusively for the defence in all areas of insurance dispute.
Robert lectures on emerging law-related topics to business graduates in continuing education at York University and to undergraduate students at Ryerson University.
Robert executes a critical path in his practice, ensuring compliant file management in keeping with the client’s protocols. His goal is always to achieve timely, sound and cost-effective resolution on every matter.
- Linton v. Tholos Restaurant Inc., 2016 ONSC 4167 Sep 20, 2016
- Primmum Insurance Co. v. Royal & SunAlliance Insurance Co. and Manitoba Public Insurance Co. (Private Arbitration) Apr 30, 2015
- Silvera v. Mummery, 2014 ONSC 6335 / Costs Endorsement Oct 31, 2014
- Zurich Insurance Co. v. Lancer Insurance Co. / Preliminary Issue (Private Arbitration) May 07, 2014
- Navage v. Pilot Insurance Co. / Preliminary Issue, FSCO A95-000168 Mar 02, 2007
- PIlot v. State Farm, FSCO May 18, 2005
- Worobel Estate v. Worobel (H.C.J.), 1988 CanLII 4786 Dec 22, 1988