Patrick holds J.D. degrees from the University of Windsor, Faculty of Law and the University of Detroit Mercy, School of Law, which were awarded in 2014. Prior to law school, Patrick completed his undergraduate degree at the University of Toronto in 2009, specializing in history and American Studies.
Patrick summered and articled with a national corporation prior to joining the firm in 2015 as an associate.
Patrick’s practice focuses on accident benefits and Workplace Safety and Insurance Board disputes, as well as disputes between insurers. He has represented insurers before the Superior Court of Justice and administrative tribunals. Patrick has also represented insurers in tort defence matters and subrogated claims. He is part of the License Appeal Tribunal practice group, the WSIB practice group and the Loss Transfer group.
Prior to entering law school, Patrick worked for a national life insurer. As a third year law student Patrick worked as an intern for the United States Court of Appeals, dealing with matters relating to State and Federal insurance and workplace compensation issues.
- 17-005544 v. Pembridge Insurance May 15, 2018
- Belair Direct Insurance Co. v. Green, 2018 ONSC 2782 May 07, 2018
- Benson v. Belair Insurance Co. Inc., 2018 ONSC 2297 Apr 09, 2018
- 17-004509 v. Certas Home and Auto Insurance Mar 07, 2018
- 2018 ONWSIAT 409 Feb 02, 2018
- 17-002689 v. Aviva Insurance Canada Jan 08, 2018
- 17-002501 v. TD Home and Auto Insurance Co. Jan 03, 2018
- P.K. v. Cumis Insurance Co. Mar 28, 2017
- M.S. v. Primmum Insurance Co. Oct 14, 2016