Michael was called to the bar in 1984. He joined Lyons, Arbus as an associate in 1984. Lyons, Arbus evolved into Lyons, Goodman where he made partner in 1988. When Lyons, Goodman dissolved in 1990, Michael joined the firm of Iacono Brown where he thereafter became a partner. He left Iacono Brown in October 1997 to form ZTGH. Michael has practiced exclusively in the area of insurance since 1984, both in the property and casualty field. Michael's current practice includes accident benefits work, tort motor vehicle work, general liability and property work. Michael appears regularly before all Ontario courts, the Financial Services Commission of Ontario, and the License Appeal Tribunal.
Michael's practice has evolved in recent years to include mediation work. For mediation services, the rate is $2500 for a half day and $4000 for a full day (plus disbursements). Please contact Candy-Lynn Consack for available dates: [email protected] or check his availability through his online booking platform.
Michael has written and lectured on a number of insurance issues including environmental claims and the Occupiers Liability Act. He has also served on the editorial board of the publication Legal Focus which specializes in property and general liability issues.
Michael has been selected by his peers for the past six years for inclusion in the Best Lawyers in Canada list, in the areas of insurance law and personal injury litigation. Michael is also a Lexpert Ranked Lawyer.
Michael has been married for 17 years and is the proud father of two boys.
He spends as much time as he can at his cottage in the Muskokas and enjoys travel and photography.
He is passionate about the Montreal Canadiens and St Louis Cardinals and abhors reality TV which he describes as opium for the masses.
- 17-006934. v. State Farm Jun 25, 2019
- 17-006934 v. State Farm Insurance Jan 20, 2019
- 16-002858 v. State Farm Insurance Co. Nov 07, 2017
- Rodriguez v. Zhang, 2015 ONSC 5644 Sep 14, 2015
- DeKoning et al v. Vector Insurance Network (Ontario) Ltd. et al, 2009 CanLII 43644 (ON SC) Aug 19, 2009
- MacNeil v. Bryan/Dekoning et al. v. Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Co., 02-B5245 Judgment Jun 11, 2009
- Certas Direct Insurance Co. v. Federated Insurance Co. (Private Arbitration) Sep 22, 2008
- Williams v. Condon, 2007 CanLII 14925 (ON SC) Apr 10, 2007
- State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co. v. Maitland / Appeal, FSCO P06-00018 Feb 08, 2007
- Maitland v. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co., FSCO A05-000307 May 09, 2006
- Kong v. Personal Insurance Co. of Canada, FSCO A04-001188 Dec 21, 2005
- D'Amato v. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co., FSCO A04-001811 Nov 15, 2005
- Kong v. Personal Insurance Co. of Canada / Interim Decision, FSCO A04-001188 Jul 21, 2005
- Kong v. Personal Insurance / Preliminary Issue, FSCO A04-001188 Mar 15, 2005
- State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co. v. Souchuk / Appeal, FSCO P02-00039 Jan 08, 2004
- Lombardi v. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co. / Pre-Hearing, FSCO A99-000957 Dec 04, 2003
- Lombardi v. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co. / Appeal, FSCO P01-00022 Feb 26, 2003
- Souchuk v. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co., FSCO A02-000309 Nov 27, 2002
- Lombardi v. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co. Apr 11, 2001
- Ramballe v. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co. Feb 26, 2001
- Pham v. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co. Aug 28, 2000
- D'Amato v. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co. Jun 30, 2000
- B.M. v. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co. / Expenses Sep 21, 1999
- B.M. v. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co. Mar 30, 1999
- To Bring or Not to Bring: Summary Judgment Motions in the Personal Injury Context Post - Hryniak Mar 26, 2015
- McIntyre v. Grigg — A Case Comment: Punitive Damages and More Sep 01, 2007
- Videotaping Defence Medicals Jun 01, 2007
- Social Host Liability Nov 01, 2006
- Childs v. Desormeaux — Social Host Liability or Just Another Case? Jun 01, 2005
- Ontario Court of Appeal Broadens Scope of Governmental Liability May 03, 2000
- A Practitioner's Perspective on Slip and Fall Cases Sep 03, 1992
- Case Annotation: R. v. Kansa General Insurance Company Jul 03, 1991