Maia graduated from the University of Western Ontario with a B.A. in Psychology in 2012 and her J.D. in 2015. She received her LL.M. in 2016 after defending her thesis, which examined the accommodation of chronic pain disorders in a labour context with consideration of practical insurance issues, primarily WSIB and LTD. After articling with ZTGH, she was called to the bar in 2017 and returned as an associate.
Maia’s practice includes accident benefits, LAT and priority/loss transfer disputes as well as tort actions involving motor vehicle accidents. Maia has a particular interest in how these disputes are framed within the new context of the sharing economy.
Maia prides herself on her detailed and precise research and written advocacy. She values a proactive and timely approach to meet her clients’ needs. She has experience appearing before the Superior Court of Justice and assisting with trials, including Sharma v. Stewart.
During law school, Maia was an editor for the Western Journal of Legal Studies. She received the Alex Kennedy Memorial Scholarship recognizing an interest and aptitude in insurance law. As an LL.M. student, Maia guest lectured for several classes, both at the law school and the main campus. Maia enjoys days at the beach, pretending to work out with friends, and exploring Toronto.
- 18-012745 v. Pembridge Insurance Co. May 28, 2020
- 18-008134 v. Allstate Insurance Dec 30, 2019
- 18-000026 v. Economical Insurance Co. Oct 10, 2019
- 18-006724 v. Pembridge Insurance Co. Jul 17, 2019
- 18-003051 v. RBC General Insurance Co. Jun 18, 2019
- 17-006563 v. Allstate Insurance Co. Apr 17, 2019
- 17-006736 v. Aviva Oct 09, 2018
- Cami v. Shankar, 2018 ONSC 3756 Jul 04, 2018
- Cami v. Shankar, 2018 ONSC 4167 Costs Endorsement Jul 03, 2018