Courtney obtained her undergraduate degree from the University of Toronto specializing in political science and philosophy. She went on to complete both her US and Canadian J.D. at Michigan State University and the University of Ottawa.
In 2012, Courtney spent her summer working at Zarek Taylor Grossman Hanrahan LLP and returned to article in 2013. During that time, Courtney earned a comprehensive background in insurance defense and general litigation matters.
Courtney returned to ZTGH as an associate in 2014 and now maintains a varied practice in civil litigation and accident benefits work. She prides herself on client service and proactive file handling.
She has appeared before masters and judges at the Ontario Superior Court of Justice and the Financial Services Commission of Ontario, and she has trial experience at the Superior Court of Justice.
Courtney’s practice focuses on Special Investigations, Workplace Safety and Insurance Board and general litigation.
During her time at the University of Ottawa, Courtney volunteered with Pro Bono Students Canada conducting research on corporate liability issues for a local not-for-profit organization. She also interned at the Federal Department of Justice in its litigation department. During that time, she gained invaluable advocacy experience at both the trial and appellate levels.
In her spare time, Courtney enjoys travelling, boot camp and cooking.
- S.Y.L and State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co FSCO A13-014261. Feb 03, 2017
- Mulhall v. Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Co., 2015 ONSC 7495 Dec 18, 2015
- Zhao v. State Farm Automobile Insurance Co., FSCO A13-005094 Sep 08, 2015
- Om Sai Physiotherapy Clinic Inc. v. Kucher, 2015 ONSC 814 Feb 04, 2015
- Osman v. Ghanizada, 2014 ONSC 4199 / Costs Endorsement Jul 17, 2014
- Morelli v. State Farm Mutual Automobile Co., FSCO P12-00042A & P12-00042C Mar 21, 2014